Did you know September 18th is National Cheeseburger Day? Bet you didn't know that. But who really cares? We just want a juicy cheeseburger to chow down next to some craft wines for that awesome pairing. And before Summer is officially gone, we'd thought it'd be nice to fire up the grill and cook up some simple but tasty cheeseburgers and pair them with our lineup of kickass wines with you. We will do it right in the back of the building - some music, burger on the grill and killer wines. Does that sound good?
- Valsanzo Porkus Cerdo con Gusto Tempranillo 2010, Spain - This juicy red from Northern Spain brings fresh, dark berries, some spice, bit of smoky oaky goodness black abyss. Will pair beautifully with juicy cheeseburger.
- Altavins Almodi Petit Red 2011, Spain - This juicy red blend from Terra Alta where it is an 1.5 hr drive from Barcelona shows flavors of dark berries and well integrated tannin that will go well with weighty cheeseburger. Perhaps it could be chosen as the best match of the evening? We'll see...
- Jean PLA Passion Grenache 2010, France - Sometimes oaky character can get in the way of flavors...so if you are into clean mouthfeel of un-oaked reds, let this old vine 100% Grenache tantalize your palate.
- Tasting runs between 6-10pm. First come, first serve.
- Most of our tastings are wine-only but since we are serving food, we will take a small donation of $10 at the door that will cover for one cheeseburger and three-wine flight.
- Cheap parking is found on Judge John Aiso St., between Temple and 1st. Only $3 all day after 5pm. What, all day for just three bucks? Best deal around. Here is info including picture of the lot.